The Anchorage Museum

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!
Oh wait... wrong situation entirely.*

This past Friday my fiancé and I had the opportunity to go on a much anticipated date! It had been a while since we actually went out and did something together considering I had a busy semester. Since it was the weekend before finals, I decided that it would be perfect to give myself a pre-finals break that would double as a date at the Anchorage Museum.

It had been a while since I'd been there, but I remember the coolest part of the museum was the Imaginarium Discovery Center, a space that is devoted to 80 exhibits, most of which are interactive.

I spent the most time watching this snapping turtle named Chomper.

Extendo neck.

I wonder how old he is? He's got pretty epic skin!

His markings are magical!

There's a good size comparison for you.

Our true thermal nature is revealed via infrared.

What a great evolutionary advantage you've got there!

So colorful and mellow.

This is how I looked after I finished my last final of the semester.

I forgot what kind of fish these were. However, I do remember how golden they looked in the light.

I didn't notice he was there at first, he blended in so well!

This was a display that was in constant motion, and it was difficult to not just stand there and gawk at it.

This Christmas tree is easily the tallest I've ever seen inside of a building.

This was a lot taller than the Christmas tree, and is thought to be around 150 years old.

The christmas lights downtown.

One of Robert Wyland's Whaling Walls is downtown.
He has painted sea creatures on buildings all over the world.

The Performing Arts Center. I've only been here a handful of times, and one of them
was to see Cats live. So good.

My fiancé snapped this picture of me at Village Inn.
Derp.
*kind of a random reference to "Hotel California" by The Eagles (my sense of humor for you)

Comments

  1. Chomp chomp chomp. I wanna hang out with that turtle. Looks like a pretty cool date! And you look cute in that picture at the end :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your digital presence! Feel free to comment if you wish. I enjoy them greatly upon reception. :)

Popular Posts