Doodle Friday #7

Doodle Friday

Sorry for missing out on a few weeks worth of doodle friday posts! The watercolor class that I'm taking is very demanding of my free time, so I just tried to focus on that. I figure it's time to bring it back, though! I miss posting more often! Good thing that the end of this semester is in sight. (Just over a month to go!)

This doodle was drawn back in 2008, and I distinctly remember that my cat Chomper was sleeping on top of the bubble back computer monitor, and I was sitting at the desk. The album Lateralus by the band Tool was playing in the background, and I felt very inspired by the unique sound of their music. Thus, this ballpoint pen doodle was born!

In one of my recent watercolor projects (this one), I used this creature as inspiration for one of the creatures in the painting. I was happy to include him, but I kind of want to reuse him for something else as well!

Doodle Friday

Comments

  1. Your "doodles" are masterpieces!
    Great, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. Sometimes it's nice to let the music influence you, subconsciously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be interested if you develop this character further!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sonya! This is a delight; I would love to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy seeing your pen works, I think with pen and pencil sketches you get a much better feel for an artist than you might through a finished drawing. You have such a lovely style and you attention to detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your digital presence! Feel free to comment if you wish. I enjoy them greatly upon reception. :)

Popular Posts