Recent Jewelry Projects: Rings!

I've been on a ring-making kick as of late. Inspired by my friend Lily's awesome ring that she made (a.k.a. her bling), I've taken a step forward into this somewhat hazy territory and went to work.

These were my first attempts at making wire-wrapped rings, but they were a lot of fun to make! I'm currently working on some wedding rings for my friends, and a few others so that I can practice bezel making more.

Whenever I am having a crappy day that just so happens to be the same day as the Metalsmithing class, I almost always end up in a much better mind zone by the time that class is over. There is something about working with metal that is calming, even for all the instances of frustration that it can bring.

I decided to list all of these rings in my Etsy shop. I am really excited to share the stuff I make! (Also, stay tuned for a giveaway coming up once I get more stuff listed!) Mwhahaha!

I really enjoyed playing with these amethyst beads. This ring is kind of on the small side.
My fingers are too big to wear it normally, but it makes a neat upper finger ring!
Find it here on Etsy.

I made this ring with oxidized sterling silver wire, and am amethyst chip bead.
I really really REALLY like amethyst. Purple stones are glorious!
Find it here on Etsy.

Blue Goldstone is a absolutely dreamy and reminds me of a captured bit of the universe.
I used oxidized sterling silver to wrap it with.
Find it here on Etsy.
I'm going to post more rings very soon! There is only one more week of summer class left, so I want to make the most of it! I also think it would be neat to take a family photo style picture of everything I've made over the past 10 weeks. SOON!

Comments

  1. The jewelry you've been making is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I've always loved amethyst, it's my birthstone! A giveaway would be so fun! It's something I would like to start doing eventually but I'm nervous, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your digital presence! Feel free to comment if you wish. I enjoy them greatly upon reception. :)

Popular Posts