She's got poison lips and is bathed in leaves.


I may have mentioned Senshicon quite a few posts ago, which is the anime convention that happens here in Anchorage every September. I've never been to it before, but that's about to change in just a few weeks! Cameron, Lilah, and I are all going to dress up when we attend. Since it's the only local con of its kind, people are dressing up in all kinds of awesome costumes. The website has a gallery of cosplay from years past, and it's definitely been inspiring me to do as best as I can when assembling my own costume.

Which brings me to my cosplay choice: Poison Ivy! After a lot of internal and external debating, I decided to do with a this character because it would continue my personal trend of Batman villain cosplay. Previously I have dressed up as Catwoman and the Joker on Halloween, so I decided that Poison Ivy would be great to go with next. In the future I definitely want to continue this tradition and also cosplay as Bane, Two-Face, Harlequin, and The Riddler!

I've already started working on my Poison Ivy costume. I thought it would be neat to have a leaf crown, so I picked up some fake leaves and green ribbon from Michael's. Realizing this wouldn't be enough, I went to a local store named Alaska Bead Co. and picked up a steel circular bar and some green suede.


First I wrapped the suede around the steel bar, and then I made sure to glue the ends with E6000. Then I plucked off leaf parts and wrapped them around the bar with 20 gauge copper wire, circling around and added leaves as I went. When I was satisfied, I wrapped the ribbon around to cover the copper wire and then glued the ends with the ever so used E6000 again.




I already started working on the bustier. I had to buy a base corset from Torrid after checking every thrift store and cheap clothing store. Then I pulled off fake leaves and started to sew them into the front of the corset. I didn't think of it at the time, but I might just put leaves on the front only, and then add green cloth draped on the back like a cape. I will be using cheap green material I found at Value Village for the cape and the skirt area.



There is going to be more to my costume than what I've shared, but I want to save that for another post! I'm really excited for this event and what I am making!

Comments

  1. The head piece looks really awesome! I am SO excited to see more of your costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, fancy! Can't wait to see the completed project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crown is looking great! Looking forward to seeing the rest, Poison Ivy is pretty rad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh how exciting, it's looking great! I can't wait to see more of your costume :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your digital presence! Feel free to comment if you wish. I enjoy them greatly upon reception. :)

Popular Posts