Hello, hello!

Wow, so it was almost a month ago that I posted about having a brief hiatus. Since then, I've finished up my finals and am now sitting on a lot of different ideas for things I could post about. I never wanted this blog to become so far off my radar of daily activities, but it has. Time to reclaim what has been lost!

Sometimes I sit down to write, and it's like all the words that have been born into existence are sitting on my shoulders, weighing down my hands from being able to type anything. Ideas and ideas get thrown around my mind tubes at such a fast rate that it just clogs. (I hope these weird ass metaphors make sense.)

When I started this blog, I had this inspiration that was drawn from improving my self-image and self-esteem. I went about it in a way that I don't think was very healthy for me, and I ended up becoming way too focused on my appearance. I then started to become more judgemental of myself (more than usual), and mental comparisons to other people were breeding inside my mind like rabbits. It became stressful to look "nice" all the time, and I just gave up on doing outfit posts altogether. (Though I applaud anyone who can do them on a regular basis!)

I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say. This blog has obviously taken a turn to become more focused on my art and jewelry, which I am totally fine with. I would also like to write about more personal and day to day happenings as well. I would like this blog to be a sound board as well as a spot that I can share all my creative adventures.

To anyone reading this - thank you for taking the time! It means a lot to me. It always has and it always will.

Comments

  1. I think since it's your blog, you can do whatever the heck you want with it! I enjoyed your OOTD posts, but I can see where there was some pressure.
    I love your art and jewelry too! Don't feel pressured to post though! Take your time, and post what you want!

    I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! My favorite blogs to read are the ones about people's every day life, and seeing what they're interested in at that moment. It's way more relate able and interesting to read than those strictly about fashion, or something like that . It's easy to try and get caught up in what everyone else is blogging about and trying to be like them, but blogging is way more fun when you just post about whatever you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Also - I think I tend to get caught up in what I think other people would want to read about, rather than what I want to express.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your digital presence! Feel free to comment if you wish. I enjoy them greatly upon reception. :)

Popular Posts